If you are like me, it is hard to come up with healthy, innovative lunches! I was sick of salads and more often than not, I didn’t want dinner leftovers from the night before. I needed to come up with a way to incorporate more veggies into my diet, it was feeling a little meat-heavy. Veggie roll-ups allow you to stuff any kind of veggie you love into a tortilla, smear it with hummus, and roll it up for a perfect handheld lunch!
Veggie Roll-ups are great for kid lunches too. They are a fun spin on salad that kids and grown ups love. For my veggie roll-ups, I used:
Hope Kale Pesto Hummus (or try my super healthy and yummy Green Goddess Hummus!)
salt and pepper
Cutting the veggies julienne make it easier to roll up the tortilla. You can eat it like a burrito or slice it up like sushi!
You really can use anything in a roll-up to change up your normal lunch routine. Try using a spinach tortilla, cream cheese, turkey, spinach and tomato!
Or make it a BLTA: Bacon, lettuce, tomato and avocado. You really cannot go wrong with these easy roll-ups.
The list is endless and these veggie roll-ups with put a smile on your face when it is lunch-time!
- Red pepper, julienned
- Cucumber, seeded and julienned
- Carrots, julienned
- Avocado, sliced in thin wedges
- Your favorite hummus! For this I used Hope Kale and Pesto hummus. Garlic or roasted red pepper would be good too!
- Salt and pepper
- Spread hummus all over tortilla, all the way to the edges (this helps the tortilla stick when you roll it up)
- Place your julienned veggies in a pile in the middle, all facing same direction (this helps prevent poking holes in the tortilla when rolling)
- Top with salt and pepper
- Roll it up!
- Either eat like a burrito or slice it up like sushi!
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.