These Vegan Energy Bites are full of heart healthy ingredients and incredibly delicious!
Well, we are in the thick of the Coronavirus and are isolated in our homes, so I have been cooking up a storm! It is important to have healthy foods on hand, that includes snacks for the family! That is why I came up with a new Vegan Energy Bite that is sweet, hearty, and tastes like an oatmeal cookie. YES PLEASE!
These little bite-sized wonders are full of nuts, seeds, nut butter, coconut, chia and more! Make a batch so the family can reach into the fridge and grab a sweet treat that will help them fuel up for the big day of staying inside. I must say, these are very kid-friendly! Like I said before, they take like oatmeal cookies without the processed sugar and full of heart healthy ingredients!
What’s in these Vegan Energy Bites you ask?
Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
Mini Chocolate Chips
Brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
Creamy peanut butter or almond butter
Vanilla powder (you can find this in the bulk spice section at Sprouts or Whole Foods)
It is important to use vanilla powder in these as opposed to extract because extract is very strong and full of alcohol when consumed straight. It is wonderful in baked goods, it will cook off some of the alcohol.
All you have to do is throw all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix with your CLEAN hands! Roll into balls then roll around in more coconut shreds.
Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator or store in freezer for up to 3 months!
More kid-friendly snacks:
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/3 cup almond flower
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder (I like to use powder in food that is not going to cook in an oven, vanilla extract is too strong unless baked)
- *extra shredded coconut for rolling
- Place everything in a large bowl and mix with clean hands
- Scoop out with a spoon and roll into balls
- Roll balls into the extra shredded coconut, you may need to squeeze the mixture to help the coconut stick
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.