The BEST slow cooker turkey, sweet potato & quinoa chili recipe! Soft cubes of sweet potato mixed with ground turkey, tomatoes and warming spices. A family favorite!
This is hands-down the BEST slow cooker sweet potato chili recipe. Keep it simple and vegetarian, with only the beans and sweet potatoes, or add ground beef if you want a little extra heartiness!
I love this chili recipe because it requires very little prep work. Diced sweet potato, diced onions and browning the turkey meat is the hardest part of this recipe. So that is saying something!
Turkey Sweet Potato Quinoa Chili is PERFECT in a pinch. Just throw everything in a crock pot that morning and let it do its thing! Your home will smell amazing and your family will love that smell when they walk in the door. There is just something so comforting about walking into you home and having is smell like mama’s cooking. Also, I guarantee you have most of these ingredients in your pantry already!
Turkey sweet potato chili toppings
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped cilantro
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Tortilla strips/chips
- Green onions
- lime wedge
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled & diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 (28 fluid ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (14 fluid ounce) can beans (I used white beans but you can use dark kidney beans), drained& rinsed
- 1 cup un-cooked quinoa
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Diced avocado
- Fresh cilantro
- A dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Chopped green onions
- Dice/cube your sweet potato and onion
- Add the oil to a large soup pot and sauté the onion over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and turkey to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the turkey turns white on the outside
- Add onion, garlic and turkey to a crock pot
- Add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, cinnamon and cayenne pepper and stir
- Add the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, beans, quinoa and sweet potatoes
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours, stirring occasionally
- Season with extra salt & pepper if needed and garnish with desired toppings.
Make this vegetarian and omit the ground turkey!
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.