This is the BEST homemade hummus recipe! It is creamy and smooth, and tastes so fresh and flavorful! Oh, and it takes minutes to make!
One snack I absolutely LOVE is hummus! It is healthy, creamy, and extremely satisfying. Chickpeas are packed with so many vitamins and nutrients that I do not feel guilty eating this lovely spread.
What can you add to the best homemade hummus ever…
You can tweak hummus into any flavor you desire: roasted red pepper, sun-dried tomato, Green Goddess, or even Everything-Seasoning! I personally love me some garlic hummus. I spread is on Veggie Roll-ups, sandwiches, or eat it with a spoon.
Hummus is that easy to make…
This protein packed snack is so simple to make. Just drain and rinse a can of chickpeas, add some garlic, fresh lemon juice, tahini paste, olive oil and salt & pepper. Blend in the food processor until nice and creamy and VOILA!
Serve with pita chips, fresh cut veggies, whole mini peppers, or with a spoon. No judgement!
Try this hummus with my Vegan Chickpea “meatballs”, or mix it in my Greek Salad! Spread it on toast for a protein power punch at breakfast. Or spread it on a sandwich in place of mayonnaise to add some extra creamy.
This is seriously the best hummus recipe out there. It is so simple, classic and always a hit at parties!
- 1, 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (1 large lemon)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons water
- sprinkle of paprika on top for serving
- In the bowl of a food processor, add tahini and lemon juice and mix for about 30 seconds (this helps whip the tahini and is the secret to making this hummus extra creamy)
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl
- Add olive oil, garlic, cumin & salt and blend for another 30 seconds, scraping down the sides of the bowl
- Add 1/2 of the can of chickpeas and process
- Add the other 1/2 of the chickpeas and process until smooth (about 1-2 minutes)
- If hummus is too chunky, add a few tablespoons of water until you reach the desired consistency
- Add more salt to taste
- Serve hummus in a bowl and top with paprika and fresh cracked pepper
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for 1 week (it won't last that long because you will devour it)
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.