Slow Cooker Bourbon & Bacon Baked Beans
Hmmmm baked beans. Nothing super special about those, just a thankless side dish at parties that are there just to accompany the almighty brisket. It’s like….everyone loves them when they are there, but no one misses them when they aren’t. No one at a party is every like….”THESE BEANS ARE DELICIOUS!”, when there is a 15 hour slow smoked brisket or some homemade fried chicken present. Well…we are about to change all that folks. The title says it all really. Bourbon & Bacon Baked Beans. What one EARTH could be bad about that flavor combo? You’re right, NOTHING. There are so many delicious elements to these fantastic beans. But I do think they are a Summer necessity for outdoor bbq’s and are the perfect compliment to said brisket.
Bourbon & Bacon Baked Beans are amazing side dish for your next outdoor grilling party!
First up, you need to sauté the bacon for about 5 minutes, then add the onions to the same pan. No need for oil here, that bacon give that stuff out on its own. Once these are cooked up, set aside and start your sauce!
The Tastiest and most flavorful sauce for the baked beans is…..
apple cider vinegar
OPTIONAL: Bourbon (if making these for the littles then omit that 1.5 ounces of bourbon and of sneak away and take that shot yourself).
These beans aren’t like your normal bean-side….I mean….these have bourbon and bacon in them. You just bring these to your next bbq and they will stand on their own, even next to that big burly brisket that is the main event.
Did I mention they are slow and low in the crock pot for 4 hours? Set it and forget it, Friends. It really doesn’t get simpler than that. I mean it would be simpler to just buy some already made but these were made with love and ingredients you know!
These slow-cooker bourbon and bacon baked beans are super simple to make! Set it and forget it! With incredible ingredients such as BOURBON & BACON that will make everyone freak out in delight!
- 4,15 ounce cans Great Norther Beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1.5 ounces of bourbon
- On medium heat, add chopped bacon to skillet and let it cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add the diced onion (no need to add oil, there is bacon grease in the skillet)
- Cook onion and bacon for about 5 minutes or until onion is translucent- set aside
- If you have crock pot liners, line your crock pot. If not, no biggie!
- In a separate bowl, combine ketchup, syrup, molasses, mustard, vinegar, water and salt and pepper (and optional bourbon)
- Pour the onion and bacon and wet ingredients into the crock pot and give it a stir
- Cook on LOW for 4 hours then set to warm until ready to serve
- Make sure to stir a couple times during the cooking process
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.