Yes…you read that title correctly. Salted Caramel Pretzel Brownies. It is salty, sweet, chocolatey and RIDICULOUS.
Homemade salted caramel or store bought?
I was debating on making my own caramel sauce. While I would like to say “YES, I totally had the time to do it and I love to make everything from scratch”…I did not. Sometimes we need shortcuts and I am 100% ok with that. A nice jar of caramel sauce with a sprinkle of salt will do the trick. No one will ever know ssshhhhh.
Thick, chocolatey, and insanely satisfying
These Salted Caramel Pretzel Brownies are perfectly chewy, chocolatey and thick. The crushed pretzels adds a slight crush and the salted caramel compliments it all perfectly. My mouth is literally watering as I type and I am going to get one out of the freezer BRB.
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pretzel sticks, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper and lightly coat with cooking spray, set aside
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, water and unsweetened chocolate pieces
- Cook over medium heat until melted and smooth (about 3-5 minutes) constantly stirring so it will not burn (sugar will not be completely dissolved). Set mixture aside and let cool for about 5 minutes
- In a large bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined
- Pour in oil, eggs and vanilla
- Pour in the melted chocolate (you want this slightly cooled so it doesn't scramble the eggs)
- Stir until just combined, do not overmix
- Spread evenly into prepared baking pan and bake for 30 minutes
- Add crushed pretzels on top, pressing them gently into the brownie mix, and bake for another 10 minutes
- Insert toothpick to make sure it comes out clean. When it does, they are done!
- Let cool completely and cut. Top with salted caramel sauce
- *I really like these brownies with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.