So I am trying to go healthier over here and normally for St. Patricks Day I would bust out Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes. However, this year I am going for a yummy, healthy and protein packed Rainbow Salad! My Rainbow Salad is not only stunning visually, but incredibly tasty and packed with nutrients. The key to this salad, is trying to pick a veggie or protein to cover every color you can come up with! Now, I am bummed there is not a blue vegetable, but purple potatoes are gorgeous and perfect for this!
What is in a Rainbow Salad?
So…sitting on a bed of crisp, cold romaine (chopped into bite-size shreds) are:
Cucumber-sliced with peel
Purple Potatoes-boiled then slice
Top this with a drizzle of some Homemade Ranch Dressing and green onions!
You really can make this salad what you want. The key is to eat-the-rainbow!
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes-halved
- 1 cup Carrots-sliced
- 1/2 cup Bacon bits (I will bake a big batch of bacon in the oven-25 minutes at 350 degrees-and chop them up and keep in the freezer for salad or baked potato toppers!)
- 3 Hard-boiled eggs-sliced
- Roasted shrimp (I measure the shrimp based on how many people will be eating the salad, usually around 6 shrimp per person)
- 1 cup Cucumber-sliced with peel
- 1/4 cup Gorgonzola Cheese
- 1 cup Purple Potatoes-boiled then sliced
- Top this with a drizzle of some Homemade Ranch Dressing, chopped green onions and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds!
- Wash and dry romaine lettuce and chop into bite-sized shreds
- Place lettuce in a bowl
- In rows, start to assemble the salad!
- Start with the halved cherry tomatoes, then sliced carrots, bacon bits, egg, shrimp, cucumber, gorgonzola, and purple potatoes
- Drizzle with Ranch dressing and top with chopped green onions
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.