What’s in a name?
I wasn’t quite sure what to title this one. “Quick Lemony Orzo Salad” pretty much described it perfectly so I am just gonna roll with that! I make this salad ALL the time because it is so easy to prepare, healthy and the whole family will gobble it up! You can serve it for a dinner on a regular Tuesday night or serve it for a dinner party. It goes both ways. Is it just me or does arugula make salads fancier?
Arugula is my favorite!
Arugula adds such nice peppery flavor that other lettuces can’t provide naturally. Combining arugula with orzo, tomatoes, red onion and shaved parmesan is really perfection in my book. Salads do not have to be complicated, this one only has 5 ingredients!
Orzo is such a fun pasta that works perfectly in salads. It adds the carb factor without too much carb. Is it a salad? Is it pasta? Depends on how much or each you add in. You can do whatever you want!
The dressing doesn’t get any easier than this…
The best part? The dressing is simply fresh lemon juice and olive oil. What can taste fresher than lemon and olive oil? Just a quick squeeze and drizzle just before serving and your salad is ready to eat!
This is the perfect summer salad and takes minutes to prepare. No one has time for complicated dishes.
*if you want to protein this quick lemony orzo salad up, add some shredded chicken or sliced steak!
For more yummy salads from AWLO, head right here!
- 1 package of arugula, washed and dried
- 1 package of organic grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 red onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup of parmesan, shaved
- 1 cup of orzo, cooked according to instructions on package and cooled
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cook orzo according to directions on package
- Run cold water over pasta once done cooking and drained, this will stop the pasta from cooking longer and will cool it off
- Place arugula, halved tomatoes, red onion slices and parmesan in a large serving bowl
- Add in the cooled orzo and toss together
- Squeeze the lemon juice and drizzle the olive oil and give it another toss
- Salt and pepper to taste (remember, the arugula is plenty peppery so you won't need much!)
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.