Chipotle Shrimp Bowls…
I love shrimp. My husband, not so much. But when I make these Chipotle Shrimp Bowls he cannot get enough. He loves spicy and smokey things and that is just what this Chipotle Shrimp Bowl is!
Dinner Party perfection…
This is such a simple recipe to whip together quickly and on the cheap because shrimp is relatively inexpensive.
All you need for these bowls are the following:
Canned Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
1 can refried black beans (I love refried black beans! It add another layer of creaminess to this salad)
Microwavable Brown Rice
That is it!
Ok….you have friends coming over tonight and you haven’t the foggiest idea what to make! I mean…they are a healthy bunch so cheeseburgers are out. MAKE THESE BOWLS! One bowl per person is more than enough to satisfy.
A few tips for super quick Shrimp Bowls:
Buy microwaveable brown rice! Portion to 1 bag per person.
Buy frozen raw shrimp that has already been shelled and deveined. This eliminates a TON of prep work!
Roast your shrimp ahead of time. Simply place your shrimp in a plastic bag, drizzle in olive oil, salt & pepper and 1 chipotle pepper with about 2 teaspoons of adobo sauce, give it a good shake! Place it on a prepared baking sheet and pop in the oven at 400 degrees. Roast 4 minutes then flip and roast another 2 minutes. SUPER QUICK AND EASY!
Chop your cilantro and green onions ahead of time. I am a big believer in chopping up veggies before friends coming over for dinner. It is such an annoying thing to do when you are rushing! Have it done to eliminate stress before your party.
This Chipotle Shrimp Salad is a serious hit (unless your guest has a shellfish allergy, then ABORT MISSION)
Serve this up with a chilled sauv blanc!
- 24 frozen, deveined shrimp (6 shrimp each for 4 people so adjust recipe accordingly based on number of guests)
- 2 packets of microwaveable brown rice (1/2 a package per person)
- 1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (using 2 peppers and 1 tablespoon adobo sauce) finely chop peppers
- 1 can refried black beans
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped (or less if desired)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes (juice from half a lime directly on the salad, the rest cut into wedges for each guest to add more juice if desired)
- Salt and pepper
- Lettuce (this salad can be made with or without lettuce. Adding lettuce will beef the salad up so-to-speak)
- 1 avocado (1/4 avocado per guest)
- Sour cream (dollop per salad)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Rinse the prepared shrimp and pat dry
- Place shrimp in a plastic bag, drizzle in olive oil, salt and pepper, chipotle peppers and adobo sauce. Give the bag a good shake to make sure all of the shrimp are coated in the sauce
- Please shrimp on a prepared baking sheet in a single layer
- Roast for 4 minutes, flip over the shrimp, then roast another 2 minutes
- Layer lettuce (if you are using lettuce for this bowl), brown rice, cherry tomatoes, black beans, cilantro, green onions, shrimp, salt and pepper
- Squeeze fresh lime juice on top of each bowl
- Add slices of avocado and a dollop of sour cream to each bowl
- *This salad does not require a dressing, as there is enough flavor to satisfy! However this would be delicious with an avocado crema or even Ranch dressing!
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.