Hooray! It is National Cookie Day today! What a perfect time of year for such holiday. Although, I feel like there is a National Cookie Day once a month, which I am not mad about.
My mother and I have been making these awesome blossoms since I can remember. Every year, we would have our big holiday baking day and these were always on the list. Without a doubt. Like, not even a question. If my family had to choose between a dessert with fruit or a dessert with peanut butter and chocolate, you bet your buns we would vote for pb & c. All day, every day. I remember I would literally eat spoonfuls of the dough when my mom wasn’t looking. (Surprise mom! I did that:/ ) But she didn’t know I did that so she would always let me lick the mixer paddles and the bowl. I would get so mad when she would try to scrape the bowl clean. I would yell “MOM! STOP IT YOU’RE TAKING IT ALL!!!!” I mean….raw eggs did not and still do not frighten me when it comes to dough.
These Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies have been in my family for years and I wouldn’t change a single thing. Why mess with perfection?
PS- many of these peanut butter kiss cookies put the kiss in at the very end. Not here. No way no how. You put the kiss in then put it back in the oven for 2 minutes. This gets the Hershey kiss a perfectly soft and creamy consistency when you bite in to them. Not just right after you bake them, but even after you freeze them as well. It purely softens the chocolate and makes it super creamy. Also once the cookies have hung out on the cooling rack for a bit, I place them on a baking sheet or plate then put them in the freezer and flash freeze them for about 15 minutes. This helps if you are planning on packaging these cookies as a gift, the kiss won’t get smooshed! That is the technical term for it. Smooshed.
Add these and the Gingerbread Cookies to your plate for Santa this year!
These Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies are the perfect holiday cookie. They are chewy, nutty, sweet, and chocolatey. If you are a peanut butter/chocolate fan, add these to your repertoire immediately.
20 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup peanut butter (I like to use crunchy, but creamy works too!)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Hershey Kisses
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix flour, soda & salt in a large bowl
- Beat butter and peanut butter
- Add sugar and beat until fluffy
- Add eggs and vanilla
- Add flour mix in batches of thirds
- Using a spoon, scoop out dough and shape into balls, about an 1 1/2 -2 inches
- Roll the balls in sugar. This can be plain sugar, or festive sugar/sprinkles/jimmies
- Place dough balls 2 inches apart on a lined baking sheet
- Bake for 8 minutes
- Remove from oven & press in unwrapped kiss in the center of cookie
- Put back in the oven and bake for additional 2 minutes
- Leave out for Santa
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.