What?? Making your own mayo? That’s weird, right? No. It is a game changer. I started making my own mayonnaise a year ago and I have never looked back. It just tastes so much fresher and the ingredients are pure. No preservatives, no additives, you know exactly what is in this popular spread. Is it just me or is it a bit concerning that something that is supposed to contain eggs is hanging out on the shelf at the store and has an expiration of infiniti? That ranks right up there with the cheese that comes in gift baskets. No thank you.
Make your own, it will last you about a week in the fridge in an airtight container. While it doesn’t have the convenience of lasting forever, you will taste the difference and live a happy, preservative free life.
This is a super simple and pure way to make your own mayo. It tastes super fresh and adds a tang thanks to the lemon. This will last for about a week in an airtight container but trust me when I say, it won't last you the week! It is so tasty and insanely easy to make!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white or black pepper
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Put all in a food processor except grapeseed oil
- Blend ingredients until egg is mixed well with the seasonings and lemon juice
- Through the top hole in your food processor, slowly pour in the grapeseed oil until it is fully incorporated
- It will sound very liquidy- this is what you want
- Give it a taste and see if you want to add anything
- Scoop out and store in an airtight container for up to a week
I have tried this with all different types of oils and grapeseed is my favorite to use for this.
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.