Every once in a while, I like to bake a loaf of bread. It isn’t all the time, just once in a blue moon. I don’t know why I don’t bake bread more often because it is SO EASY!
Do you ever read the labels on the back of packages of bread at the store and think, how on earth do you pronounce that word and why would I eat it if I have no clue what it is?
That is why baking your own bread is such a great idea. You know exactly what goes in it and you can control the flavors. You can make it gluten free if you want and not pay an arm and a leg for it!
For this Rosemary Garlic Bread, I simply baked it in my dutch oven. I find it easiest to do that way because it helps keep its round shape. Putting a piece of parchment paper around the bottom and sides of the dough helps because when it is done baking and slightly cooled, just lift out the paper and the bread comes with it! Super clean, super simple.
No-Knead Rosemary Garlic Bread has a beautiful, golden brown and crusty outside, and a soft and airy inside. The garlic and the rosemary really pop! It is such an easy recipe you will want to make it more often! In fact, I am going to make some right now!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon instant dry active yeast
- 1 1/2 cups room temperature water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, yeast and rosemary
- Add the room temperature water and stir to combine. It will come together and look like stringy, shaggy dough. This is good!
- Cover with a damp kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let sit on counter at room temperature for 12-18 hours (I just did this the night before and baked the next day)
- Heat up your dutch oven in the oven at 450 degrees (we want the baking vessel really hot)- I use my 4 quart Le Crueset for this
- While your dutch oven is heating, on a clean, floured surface with floured hands, form the dough into a round disc shape (make sure to flour hands, as the dough is very sticky)
- Place a piece of parchment paper in the dutch oven letting a little bit of paper to hang out so you can lift out the bread after it is done baking
- Place the dough in your hot dutch oven on top of the parchment paper
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes
- Remove lid and brush a little olive oil on top of the dough. This will help to create a golden brown crust
- Uncover and bake another 10-15 minutes, until top is golden brown
- Remove bread from dutch oven and let cool before slicing
Try my Gluten-Free Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Bread too!
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.