Sausage French Toast Dippers are a fun and playful take on breakfast
I love making these Sausage French Toast Dippers on weekends! Yes….I am a grown up and I love to make them. They are a super fun spin on your regular weekend breakfast. These dippers are a take on Pigs-in-a-Blanket, breakfast edition! When I was growing up, my dad always made a huge batch of scrambled eggs, bacon and waffles on Sundays. I always loved pouring the syrup all over my bacon. I was rockin’ the salty/sweet thing at a young age. I had a very sophisticated palette. (just kidding, I just loved sugar. Still do who are we kidding).
Kid Friendly Breakfast!
You can also make these gluten free by using gluten free bread. Just make sure the bread you choose is ply-able because you need to roll slices of bread flat and wrap it around the sausage. Sometimes I find that the Ezekiel bread, as much as I love it, is not good for this type of breakfast. It is better to use good old-fashioned white bread. I know….WHITE BREAD YIKES! It’s ok once in awhile, you gotta live a little! The sausage I love to use is the Applegate Naturals Chicken & Apple Sausage. They are gluten-free and I think the tastiest! Or you can use veggie sausages which we eat mostly if we are doing sausage breakfasts. Morning Star makes great veggie-sausage links!
These sausage French toast dippers are perfect to make with your kids this weekend!
It is really fun to make this dipper breakfast, they are different, easy, and you can choose to eat them with your hands and dip in the syrup! Give these dippers a try this weekend! Your littles will have fun making these with you and even more fun eating them!
These lil' French Toast Sausage Dippers are the perfect salty/sweet breakfast and fantastic on the go! They are playful and fun for both kiddos and grown-ups alike!
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 8 Sausage Links (I like Applegate's Chicken Apple Sausage, less fat;)
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 slices soft white sandwich bread
- 2 Tablespoons veggie oil (or any neutral oil)
- Cook sausage links according to package
- Whisk eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, milk and vanilla together in a shallow bowl
- Roll each slice of white bread with a rolling pin until flat (you can cut off the crust here if you choose, I leave mine on)
- Roll each sausage link in a slice of the flattened bread
- Using tongs, dip each roll in the egg mixture coating entire roll, place on a plate
- Heat veggie oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Place dippers on the skillet and fry all sides until golden, about a minute a side
- Remove from skillet, serve with warm syrup
- Watch the happiness in your kiddos eyes, and give yourself a pat on the back
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.