Super simple appetizer alert! Jalapeño Cheese Crisps are sooooo tasty and easy to make, it’s a great app for any occasion or time of year! Asiago cheese, jalapeño, olive oil and pepper. That’s it! Not to mention low carb & gluten-free. Now there may be some fat, I mean, it is cheese. But I am fairly certain the grease melts away so really super healthy for you;)
Cam’s favorite bagel is the Asiago cheese bagel with the jalapeños. That is how I came up with the idea, or so I thought. At that moment I was convinced I was a super genius and came up with this one on my own. Turns out, it’s been done. DARN! But here is my rendition. Feel free to use Parmesan instead of Asiago!
These Jalapeño Cheese Crisps are the perfect amount of savory, spice and crunch! Low carb, gluten free and only 3 ingredients. Perfect appetizer for your next get together!
3 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
23 minTotal Time
- 1 cup shredded Asiago Cheese (you can use Parmesan as well, I just love Asiago)
- 2 jalapeños (this will make about 20 crisps)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Pepper (no salt here, the cheese is salty enough!!!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice jalapeños into 1/2 in rounds
- Using a ziplock, toss the jalapeño slices in with the olive oil and pepper, give it a good shake to coat
- Place all of the coated jalapeño slices on a lined baking sheet, no need for cooking spray
- Bake jalapeños for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven, set aside
- Place little nests of the shredded asiago cheese on a clean, lined baking sheet (give it a light spray of cooking oil here if not using a silpat)
- The nests should be about 2 inches in diameter, they will grow as they melt
- Place a roasted jalapeno slice in the center of each nest and sprinkle a little more cheese on top
- Just sprinkle a little cheese on top so you can still see the jalapeño, you don't want to hide it and scare the bejeesus out of someone who does not like spice!
- Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes, keep a eye one them, they cook quick!
- The cheese will turn a dark orange, that is what you want! That means they are crispy. If you take them out too soon without that color, it will be soggy and chewy. No one wants that.
- Dip them in some ranch or eat as-is! Super quick and easy:)
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.