You guys….I need to have a moment of silence for this hot cocoa fudge. It is a dream. It tastes just like hot cocoa you drink, but obvi in fudge form. My girlfriend mentioned this to me the other day and a lightbulb went off. I know there is other hot cocoa fudge out there, but not like this. I used 2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips, 1 cup dark chocolate chips, and the chocolate I used to offset the bitterness of the chips….real hot cocoa mix. Not the Unsweetened Cocoa Baking Powder…no no! This is a great Hot Cocoa mix they sell online at Silly Cow, but I found this also at Sprouts! All you have to do is melt a can of Sweetened Condensed Milk, the chocolate chips, vanilla, and the Hot Cocoa Mix in a pot, pour in a lined 9×9 baking dish, pile marshmallows on top, fridge for 4 hours, cut, add candy canes. How cute it the candy cane touch?
You guys this is a nostalgic treat that will seriously put a smile on anyone’s face. It is super chocolatey and is a fantastic sweet gift to give to loved one’s. Or board to yourself. I most of these in the freezer to give out as gifts and somehow they keep reappearing on a plate on the counter with Saran Wrap over them for them to thaw out for Cam and I to nibble on that night after dinner. I don’t know how they got there? Fudge Fairy, there is for sure a Fudge Fairy.
Oh….did I mention the fudge itself is only 4 ingredients? #WIN.
This Hot Cocoa Fudge is exactly like the real deal! It is super chocolatey and has that cocoa flavor that we all enjoy this time of year. Or any time of year really.
5 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 heaping tablespoons hot cocoa mix (not unsweetened cocoa baking powder, you want the real deal)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Add can of condensed milk to a pot on low-medium heat
- Add the chocolate chips, vanilla and cocoa powder and stir until completely melted together
- Stir constantly so it does not burn
- After about 5 minutes of stirring, pour in a foil-lined 9x9 baking dish
- I like to leave plenty of foil out on the sides so it is easier to lift out of the dish later
- Smooth out the fudge so it is in an even layer
- Firmly press in the marshmallows on top
- Place in fridge for 4 hours to harden
- Remove from fridge and lift fudge out of baking dish
- Cut into equal squares
- Let the fudge soften a bit then with a paring knife, dig a little hole in the top for the candy cane
- Firmly and gently press the candy cane in the hole
- Serve to your family and watch is all get gobbled up
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.