I have been so excited to post this one!
My Healthy Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup is not only nourishing, it is insanely simple to make and remarkably delicious! I don’t normally post that many exclamation points up front but it is THAT GOOD!
The perfect cold-weather soup…
I have made this numerous times over the past few years because it is just a great go-to and hearty soup during the colder months. In fact, I am making a double batch today to pop in the freezer!
For this soup, I use Chicken Bone Broth over regular Chicken Broth. I am almost 9 months pregnant and I have read so many benefits of consuming bone broth during pregnancy. The difference is that bone broth is essentially stock. It is more viscous due to the collagen that seeps out of joints and bones during long-term cooking. Broth is thinner and make up from actual meat instead of bones. *The more you know* Feel free to use chicken broth or bone broth for this recipe!
The most work you have to do for this Healthy Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup, is chop up celery, carrots and onion. That is literally the most time consuming. I am totally a fan of rotisserie chickens from the grocery store. Simply shred your chicken and toss in at the end. It is so easy!
For more warm and comforting AWLO soups….
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 5 cups Chicken Bone Broth (or reduced sodium chicken broth)
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (possibly more for taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- In a large pot, heat up olive oil
- Saute the carrots, celery and onion for about 5 minutes in the large pot, until onions are slightly translucent
- Add garlic, parsley, thyme and rosemary and cook for 1 minute
- Add broth, rice, salt and pepper
- Stir and bring to a boil then simmer on low with cover on for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Once 30 minutes is up, add the shredded chicken and cup of evaporated milk
- Stir and let simmer for another 2 minutes
- Serve and garnish with fresh parsley
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.