You guys, weekends are made for awesome, eggy, cheesy yet healthy breakfasts. No rushing to get out the door, just a chill Saturday Don’tMaturday. This breakfast burrito is super easy and you may have most of these items in your fridge as we speak. I added tots to this burrito instead of roasted potatoes or hashbrowns. I like to act like a kid whenever possible and tots make me feel like a kid. However, I bought the Dr. Praeger’s Kale Tots, you know, because I am fancy. But any tots will work for this burrito! All you have to do is roast them up and it takes literally 6 minutes. This is a great and sneaky way to incorporate more veggies into your burrito, your kiddo won’t even notice…because TOTS!!!!
All you need for these burritos are a tortilla (duh), scrambled eggs, a slice of cheese, spinach, TOTS and the optional: breakfast sausage and hot sauce. The other fun part about this easy burrito is grilling it! I absolutely love grilling burritos. It totally adds a different dimension to the burrito. I like mine a lil crunchy on the outside. Plus here is a tip, grilling it seals the seam so it is easier to eat. BOOM. You’re welcome.
Whip up a few of these this weekend!
- 1 large flour tortilla (or whatever kind you prefer)
- 2-3 eggs scrambled
- 1 slice Pepperjack Cheese
- about 10 spinach leaves
- About 4 Dr. Praeger's Kale Tots (I found these at our regular grocery store. You can use sweet potato or regular tots here instead)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup breakfast sausage
- Cholula (or any preferred hot sauce)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- In sauce pan on low-medium heat, cook sausage until no longer pink, crumbled, set aside on paper towel to drain
- In same pan, scramble eggs, set aside (trick here: I have a bowl filled with hot water, dump out water and put eggs in- that way bowl is warm and won't cool eggs, wrap in foil)
- Lay kale tots on a lined baking sheet and bake for 6 minutes in oven, set aside
- In tortilla, lay slice of pepper jack cheese, top with sausage, eggs, spinach, kale tots, salt and pepper and Cholula
- Wrap it up!
- On stove, brush a grill pan (or skillet) with olive oil and heat on medium heat
- Once pan is hot, place burrito on skilled, seam-side down
- Press burrito down with spatula, grill for about 2 minutes per side (check to make sure it doesn't burn)
- Once you grill all sides, you are ready to eat!
- Garnish with avocado and hot sauce
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.