I know what you’re thinking. Greek yogurt chocolate chip cookies? Ummm WEIRD! No, it is utterly delicious and makes these cookies moist and chewy. Do you want to know what other secret ingredient is the key to making these cookies moist (I hate that word but that is what they are ok?) COCONUT OIL!
Inside these decadent, ooey-gooey, chocolatey cookies are:
Whole wheat and all-purpose flour
Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Whip up a batch of these Greek Yogurt Chocolate Chip Cookies and have them on hand for guests! Or…if you’re like me….your in-case-of-sugar-craving-emergency-stash.
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons coconut oil (softened but not liquified)
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup full-fat Greek yogurt (you can use fat free here but I love full-fat Greek yogurt better for baking)
- 2 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, beat oil, sugars, baking soda and salt- 2 minutes
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well
- Add vanilla
- Add yogurt
- In a separate bowl, mix both flours
- Slowly incorporate the flour into the other bowl and mix well, scraping down the sides as you go
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Using a spoon or a scooper, scoop out 2 inch balls of dough, place on baking sheet
- Top each ball with extra chocolate chips (this makes the appearance much nicer and more enticing! And who doesn't want more chocolate?)
- Bake for 12 minutes
- Cool on baking rack
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.