When coming back from being gone for a week, you want to have the ultimate COMEBACK dinner recipe to post, and that is exactly what this is. My Big Fat Greek Salad with Greek Chicken Burgers and Tzatziki. It is legit one of the yummiest and healthiest dinners you can make. The fresh and crisp veggies, creamy and tangy tzatziki, and the herby chicken burgers are a perfect combination. Not only is this super healthy and full of nutrients, it tastes divine. In fact, I am going to make more of these burger patties to keep in the freezer. This was a huge hit in our household and I know it will be in yours too, for all ages!!!!!
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 heads of romaine, chopped
- 2 cups mixed greens
- feta (added on to salad to your liking)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 1 lb chicken, cubed into big chunks (about 3 breasts, this is going in food processor so doesn't need to be perfect)
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons feta
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 cup nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- juice from 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: I like to add a drop of honey in mine to add a little sweetness
- Throw everything in a big bowl!
- Throw everything in food processor and blend until everything is in tiny chunks. You should see flecks of green from dill
- Brush grill pan (or grill outside) wth olive oil
- Form into patties and grill on medium hot grill pan
- Cook approximately 5 minutes a side
- Check internal temp with meat thermometer, should read 165 degrees when done
- Serve on salad!
- Toss everything in a bowl and mix well
- Refrigerate until ready to serve salad
- Add a few dollops to each salad
- Top with fresh dill for pretty garnish
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.