This easy Fruit Pizza recipe is made with a sugar cookie crust, a creamy and decadent cream cheese frosting, and finally topped with your favorite combination of fruit. Perfect festive dessert for any holiday!
Fruit pizza has been in my life since I was a child. This dessert made an appearance every Memorial Day and 4th of July. The best part is that you can make any variation you choose for any holiday! This one, is one I made for Memorial Day.
With a slightly soft sugar cookie crust, a quick and dreamy cream cheese frosting, plus whatever juicy fresh fruit your heart desires, this easy fruit pizza recipe is guaranteed to be a hit!
When it comes to fruit pizza, the shape, colors and decor style of your fruit pizza are all 100% up to you. That is the fun part! You can choose to either bake yours in a sheet pan or a or a 12-inch round pizza pan. You can use whatever types of colorful fruit sound good to you. My pizza is clearly the American Flag loaded with fresh blueberries and strawberries.
If you are looking for a good go-to dessert this Summer, Fruit Pizza is always a good way to go!
How to make fruit pizza
Fruit Pizza is so fun and easy to make!
- Sugar Cookie Dough
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Fresh Fruits of your choice!
The crust for this fruit pizza is made from soft sugar cookie dough. If you are in a pinch, you can use prepared dough to save yourself some time. I am always down for shortcuts!
For this pizza, I used my favorite soft & chewy sugar cookie recipe. It’s easy to make in just one bowl, and it’s got such a great soft, chewy texture and rich vanilla flavor.
This dough will be a bit sticky so it is best to let it chill for 30 minutes before rolling.
Once the dough has chilled, line a baking sheet or pizza round with parchment paper. Take your dough and begin to roll it out and press down so get about 1/4 inch thickness.
I have a couple of tricks to share when it comes to rolling this dough!
Place a piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper on top of the dough and then roll. This will help prevent the dough from sticking to the rolling pin! Also, if you are using a baking sheet like I did here, a rolling pin may be tough because of the edges of the sheet. I used the bottom of a measuring cup. Start from the middle of the dough and press down and push outward. Again, do this with a piece or plastic wrap or parchment paper to make it easier!
Once you’ve pressed the dough into a nice, even layer, pop it in the oven to bake. You’ll know it’s done when the edges are set and golden brown, and the center is still a bit soft.
Let this cool completely, while you start making your frosting and prepping your fruit.
Once the sugar cookie is completely cool, spread it with a layer of fluffy cream cheese frosting. This is going to act like the sauce for the fruit pizza.
Now for my favorite part, decorating the pizza! You can do literally anything your heart desires here. Arrange the sliced fruit however you like. It’s fun to play around and make pretty patterns!
Let’s talk variations of the fruit pizza
There are all sorts of fun ways to customize your fruit pizza! For example, feel free to…
- 4th of July: To make a fun red, white and blue 4th of July fruit pizza, top yours with any combination of strawberries and blueberries as I did for this recipe.
- Christmas: Top your pizza with any combo of strawberries, raspberries, kiwi, and/or fresh mint leaves.
- Dairy-free: Just use vegan cream cheese in the frosting instead of traditional (dairy) cream cheese.
- Healthier: For a more healthy fruit pizza, swap out the cream cheese frosting for Greek Yogurt.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 7–10 strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- (Obviously you can use any fruit you want for this dessert!)
- Make the Crust:
- Mix the butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla until well combined
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes
- Bake the Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a baking sheet or a 12-inch pizza pan or line with parchment
- Roll out the chilled dough until about 1/4 inch thickness leaving some space around the edge (see my tips on rolling out the dough in my notes)
- Bake for 12 minutes
- Allow it to cool completely
- Make the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Using an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy
- Spread over the cooled cookie crust
- Time to Decorate!
- Top with fruit and any design you choose!
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.