Lately I have been all about shortcuts in the kitchen. The older I get the busier life becomes…and we don’t even have kids yet! So I can only imagine life for everyone reading this with children, I feel you. That is why I have started to embrace shortcuts in the kitchen. Not everyone has time to make an apple pie from scratch. Or even a simple stirfry. Nope we love using the frozen veggies for such a dish because of the super convenience it offers.
What a perfect transition!
These S’more Brownies are made with 4 ingredients…
- Brownie box mix
- Graham Crackers
- Chocolate chunks or chips
- Mini Marshmallows
Hey, no one said it was healthy, but if you are looking for a great dessert for a party or to surprise your kids with, this is your jam!
S’mores Brownies take 5-10 minutes to assemble and 45 minutes to bake (sorry I can’t speed up the baking process!)
They are chewy, crunchy, and ooey gooey! Watch the smile on your kids faces when you bring out these brownies. Not only for kids though, the nostalgia it provides for adults is just as exciting. It truly does bring you back to those days around the campfire and making a complete mess! These easy s’mores brownies are perfect to bring you back to that happy place.
- 1 9x9 baking dish
- 1 box of Brownie Mix (and the ingredients it requires on the package)
- 10 whole graham crackers
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly spray a baking dish with baking spray and place a piece of parchment paper inside, allowing the edges to stick out (this will help you pull out the brownies later on)
- Line the bottom of the baking dish on top of the parchment paper with graham crackers, trying not to leave any gaps
- Place another layer of graham crackers on top of the 1st layer of graham crackers
- Mix the brownie mix in a separate bowl according to package
- Pour the brownie batter on top of the graham crackers
- Sprinkle the brownie batter with chocolate chunks
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes
- Remove from oven and pile on mini marshmallows, This doesn't have to be a perfect pattern, in fact I think it looks better not in a perfect pattern!
- Broil on low heat for a few minutes, WATCH THEM. The marshmallows burn fast so keep checking on them about every 30 seconds. Once they turn a nice golden brown, remove from oven. If they do happen to burn, don't panic. Simply scrape the top layer of burnt marshmallows off and try again (ask me how I know!)
- Remove from oven and let cool
- Once brownies have cooled a bit, lift them out by grabbing a hold of the parchment paper you left hanging off of the sides. This will make it much easier to cut
- Another tip is to spray the cooking oil on a sharp knife before cutting to prevent the melted marshmallows from sticking
Want more yummies??
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.