A delicious meal in less than 30 minutes! These Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a healthy, low-carb dinner choice! Gluten and dairy-free!
These Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps are an absolute staple in our house. We make them once a week. They are delicious, easy and fun to make, and good for you! Let’s go through the steps, shall we?
MAKE THE SAUCE
The first step in this lettuce wrap recipe is making the sauce, which is KEY to making this recipe super flavorful!
It’s really simple to make! Just whisk all the ingredients together. If your peanut butter is still more of a solid consistency from being refrigerated, you may need to heat it up slightly so it mixes well.
MAKE THE LETTUCE WRAP FILLING
- Brown the ground chicken before adding the sauce!
- Use a Wok, sauté pan, or a cast iron skillet
- Dice the vegetables very small so you get a little crunch in every bite
I personally love using butter lettuce for this recipe. They are the perfect sized cups to hold your chicken. They are also quite pliable so they wrap well and don’t break!
HOW DO YOU CUT LETTUCE FOR LETTUCE WRAPS?
I buy the live butter lettuce for these wraps. Simply break apart from the root ball using your fingers, trying not to rip the leaves.
TOPPING OPTIONS FOR LETTUCE WRAPS:
I like to use chopped peanuts, green onions or chives and a few squirts of Sriracha Sauce.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1, 8 oz can water chestnuts, drained and minced
- 1, 8 oz can bamboo shoots, drained and minced
- For the Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tsp sweet chili sauce (Trader Joe’s has a really good one!)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp powdered ginger
- *Serve in butter lettuce cups
- *garnish with crushed peanuts, green onions and Sriracha Sauce
- Whisk together sauce ingredients until well combined
- If you use a firmer peanut butter you may need to microwave the mixture for 30-60 seconds in order to melt it and ensure everything is well-mixed.
- Heat 2 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet
- Once hot, add ground chicken
- Cook until some pieces are starting to brown
- Add the water chestnuts and bamboo shoots and cook about 2 minutes. We want these to have a crunch so no need to cook very long!
- Add sauce and simmer on low heat until the chicken and veggies are evenly coated and everything is heated through
- Serve in butter lettuce cups and garnish with crushed peanuts, diced green onions and Sriracha Sauce
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.