I often default to turkey sandwiches for lunch on weekends. But sometimes, you gotta spice it up and try something new! This curried chicken salad totally does the trick and is wonderfully delicious.
I am pregnant and I want all the chickpeas…
I am not sure if you heard (ok ok, saw my IG post that flashes across the ticker on my blog), but I am PREGNAAAAANNNNT! So…that being said, deli meat is for sure out. To be honest, meat in general hasn’t sounded very appetizing so most of my diet has consisted of mostly vegetarian dishes with the occasional meat dish here and there.
So a couple weeks ago when I was wondering what the heck sounded good for lunch, this just popped in my head! I used to make it all the time years ago and I think I OD’d. But I am ready to eat this weekly again!
Curried Chickpea Salad is FULL of healthy stuff!
It is so simple, heart healthy, full of vitamins and minerals. You cannot go wrong with Curried Chickpea Salad!
For more delicious and Summery salads….check out these bad boys!
- 2, 15 oz cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed, pat dry
- 1/4 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup. red onion, diced
- 1/4 cups salted, roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (you can make this salad vegan by using vegan mayo here)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon agave
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pita bread
- Sprouts or romaine lettuce
- tomato slices
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- In a medium bowl combine mayo, lime juice, curry powder, agave, ginger and salt. Stir well
- Add chickpeas, red onion, celery, cashews and raisins until combined
- Cut the pita in half and open the pocket
- Place sprouts or lettuce leaves, tomatoes and a couple scoops of the curried chickpeas until the pita is stuffed
- **this salad is super easy to make ahead and I think event better chilled!
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.