Cranberry Pistachio Cheese Log
Tis the season for food, cocktails and parties a’ plenty. My Cranberry Pistachio Cheese Log is creamy, sweet, salty, crunchy, herby, and it only takes 10 minutes to put together! Can I get a AMEN?
This inexpensive appetizer only takes a few minutes to assemble!
Honestly you guys, it is the best go-to appetizer that you can make days in advance!
The holidays are so super busy already, who has time to spend in the kitchen prepping an appetizer? You got kids to dress, breakfast to make, errands to run, life to live. This appetizer is honestly so quick and inexpensive and easy to make. The cheese itself is simply cream cheese. You just herb and spice it up to create an entire new flavor profile. Also, I love cream cheese so much. I would put it on my cereal if I could.
Bright and Vibrant Holiday Colors
I also love all of the bright and vibrant colors that go along with this cranberry pistachio cheese log. It is so Christmassy with the cranberries and fresh rosemary sprigs.
You can serve this on a charcuterie board or on it’s own. It will definitely be the star appetizer and gone within 5 minutes of setting it down!
How to make a Cranberry Pistachio Cheese Log
First, make sure you pick out some crunchy and firm crackers. This is a spreadable cheese so you need something sturdy! Not too thick, not too thin. I found that rice crackers are perfect for this appetizer. Once you have picked out your flavor vessel, you are ready to assemble your Cranberry Pistachio Cheese Log. First, pulse your fresh cranberries and pistachios in the food processor until it is chopped small. Not too small, but enough so you can see the gorgeous colors. Spread your cranberry / pistachio mixture in an even layer on a piece of parchment paper and set aside.
Next, in a small bowl, add your softened cream cheese, honey, dried thyme, dried rosemary, ground ginger, cinnamon, salt and pepper and mix well. The tartness of the cranberries paired with the creamy and spiced cheese takes this appetizer to a whole other level!
The filling will be very soft, time to place it on a piece of plastic wrap in the form of a log (you could do a ball here if you don’t wish to do the log shape!), place it in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes. You want the cheese to be semi-soft when coating so the cranberry mixture sticks to it so don’t freeze longer than that.
Next, take the cranberry / pistachio mixture you spread on the parchment paper and make sure the mixture is spread wide enough to cover the length of the cheese log. Place the cheese log at the edge of the coating mixture and roll your cheese log around so the coating sticks and there is no more white part showing. You want it to be completely coated!
And just like that, you have made a festive, elegant, and delicious holiday appetizer!
Try a few of my other appetizers that are perfect for the holiday party season!
- 1 1/4 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese, full fat
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- Add cranberries and pistachios to food processor and chop into small pieces
- Add softened cream cheese to a small bowl and mix in ginger, cinnamon, honey, dried thyme, dried rosemary, salt and pepper. Mix well
- Roll the cheese in a log shape on a piece of plastic wrap and place in freezer for 20-30 minutes
- Meanwhile spread the cranberry pistachio mixture in an even layer on a piece of parchment paper, length of the cheese log
- Roll the cheese log in the mixture making sure to coat entire cheese log, no white parts showing!
- When ready to serve, remove from refrigerator 20 minutes before serving so it softens
- Drizzle with honey and serve with crackers
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.