These little acorns are so adorable and are so much fun to do with kids. It is super simple too and requires 3 ingredients. Yes please! Hershey Kisses, Mini Nutter Butters & sugar sprinkles. That’s it! They are a also perfect addition to your Thanksgiving dessert set up. These no-bake wonders are whimsical and fun and gets the kiddos excited something other than pumpkin pie;) Add these to a pie platter as an extra sweet decoration, or let them shine on their own in festive bowl. Either way, they will put a smile on all faces at your Thanksgiving Dinner!
Oh also, you should always eat the mini Nutter Butters that are wonky looking. It’s a rule.
These sweet acorns are the perfect addition to any Thanksgiving Dessert table! They are fun for the kiddos, and let's face it, the adults love them too. Peanut butter and chocolate? How can you go wrong?
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
Yields ANY AMOUNT
- Hershey Kisses (milk or dark chocolate, is is great with either. Or do both!)
- Mini Nutter Butter Cookies
- Handful of chocolate chips
- Colored sugar (gold works well for these!)
- Microwave the chocolate chips in a bowl, stirring every 20 seconds so it doesn't burn
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Unwrap the Hershey Kisses
- Create and assembly line. Kisses first, then melted chocolate, then Nutter Butters
- Take the Hershey Kiss and either dip the flat end in the chocolate OR if you want a cleaner look, use the tip of the handle of a spoon to add a little dab of melted chocolate in the middle of the flat part of kiss.
- Stick the Mini Nutter Butter to the chocolate so it looks like an acorn (Think of the melted chocolate as the glue)
- Place the acorns on the baking sheet and let it hang out in the fridge for about 20 minutes to set
- After the acorns are set, you can melt some more chocolate, dip the Nutter Butter end in the melted chocolate, then dip in the colored sugar. This just adds some texture and color.
- Place back on sheet and let it set in the fridge again until the melted chocolate sets
- You can store these in a ziplock or an airtight container in the fridge until you are ready to serve them
- These treats are adorable in a fun bowl or scatter them along a platter with some festive decor
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.