Can I just say these were a MASSIVE hit at my office! I did a several trial runs with these Chocolate Easter Egg Cookies until I landed on the perfect one. I tried some with more butter, some with less. Some with more chocolate eggs, some with one in the center. Some with chocolate chips, some without. Some with a Cadbury Cream Egg in the center (which did not pan out well).
Chocolate Easter Egg Cookies…tested tried and true
I honestly taste tested about 6 cookies that day so needless to say, I was a slug by late afternoon. But these Chocolate Easter Egg Cookies blew the rest out of the water. They have chocolate eggs that crack (which I LOVE, such a cute extra “eggy” touch), chocolate chips, crispy edges and a chewy center. They are absolutely perfect in every way!
A home-bakers tip….
The trick is that once you roll your dough into balls, place chocolate chips and chocolate eggs around the outside so they show more once they are baked. Otherwise, they like to hide! It is also just prettier. This is rule of thumb I go by for all cookies. Yes, your cookies might taste amazing, but they have to look pretty too!
How long do they last?
Chocolate Easter Egg Cookies will last months in the freezer in a plastic bag. So if in 3 months from now you get a hankering for that delicious, chocolatey, gooey cookie, you have a fresh one in the freezer! This is the exact reason I brought my test cookies to work. Couldn’t. Stop. Eating.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (reserving a few tablespoons to place chips on the outside of the dough balls)
- 1 cup Cadbury Mini Chocolate Eggs (1/2 cup smashed in a plastic baggie, 1/2 of the eggs keep whole)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using an electric mixer, mix butter, white sugar and brown sugar together until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes)
- Add the eggs one at a time
- Add vanilla
- Sift the flour and baking today and add it to the wet ingredients slowly and on a low speed until just combined (I do 1 cup at a time)
- Add the chocolate chips & crushed Cadbury Eggs and combine
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Roll the dough into 2 inch balls and place on baking sheet
- Place some whole Cadbury Mini Eggs and chocolate chips to the edges of the dough (you may have to squish them in the dough ball)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Let cool on baking rack
For more of my yummy cookies try:
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.