You guys….my neighbors make crack. Not the real stuff but what I can only imagine is very similar because this stuff is ADDICTING. Our lovely neighbors Ryan & Tara are to thank for this recipe. It is literally so easy and one of the best treats imaginable. It is the perfect mix of salty & sweet and it tastes absolutely sinful. It is 4 ingredients and it is perfection. One batch of this makes quite a bit. You can keep in your freezer (I try to hide it deep in the back in the dark corner so I can’t find it and guess what? I always do). Or you can give this away as a hostess gift, holiday gift, or a sweet treat for your neighbors, which is exactly how this recipe came into our lives. Thank you for the addiction Ryan & Tara. I now always keep a steady flow of saltines, brown sugar, butter and chocolate chips in the pantry just for this.
The most sinful homemade candy you will ever taste. It is a perfect blend of salty & sweet, crunch and chewy. You need to make this. Trust me.
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 sleeves of saltines (depending on the size of your baking sheet)
- Mini chocolate chips
- Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray it with cooking oil
- Line Saltine's evenly along the baking sheet (trying to not see the parchment paper underneath)
- Turn stove on medium heat
- In a small skillet, melt butter then add the brown sugar, stirring constantly
- Once the mixture really starts to bubble and turn a golden brown, remove from heat
- immediately pour the mixture on top of the saltines
- Spread evenly with a spatula so each cracker is covered with the mixture
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven, let it sit for about a minute
- Spread the mini chocolate chips on top
- They will immediately begin to melt- that is what you want!
- Spread the chocolate evenly over the caramel
- At this point you can sprinkle the coconut flakes on top (I do half with flakes half without)
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes
- Break the candy into pieces and you're done!
- Store in freezer or you can leave out
I use mini chocolate chips because they melt quickly and are easier to spread
This is literally the yummiest thing ever. You will either love me or hate me.
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.