So to add some light and healthy appetizers to the mix, this Chicken Tarragon Salad Cup app does just that. My mother has been making this chicken salad since we were little, and it is LEGIT my favorite chicken salad out there. The Tarragon really adds a fresh, herby dimension that you won’t find in a regular chicken salad. Tarragon is an underrated herb that should get more attention if you ask me. I make this salad with half Paleo Mayo and half nonfat greek yogurt to lighten it up.
It is such a simple recipe and is perfect to make ahead of time. Actually, you should make this ahead of time because it really gets better as it sits in the fridge and the flavors merry. Marry? I have never typed that out before so it looks weird to me. ANYWAY just let them hang out together to create a bolder flavor!
Put the salad in an endive cup (does anyone remember this commercial? I always say it the way the woman says it in the commercial now- lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
You can also put these in little filo dough cups! Just buy store-bought filo dough, thaw and cut into squares. Using a muffin tin, place dough in each cup and bake according to directions. Stuff those suckers with this yummy chicken salad!
- 3/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt (I just use 1 of the individual sized Face yogurts for this)
- 1 rotisserie chicken (I use just the breast meat for this salad but you can use dark too. Or just bake and shred 2 chicken breasts)
- 2/3 cup celery (about 1 large celery stalk) thinly sliced
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced and diced
- 1/4 cup almond slices
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon (crush in one hand using the heel of the other and then add it, this releases the oils)
- pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- toasted cashews instead of almond slices
- butter lettuce cups
- Endive cups (great for an appetizer)
- Shred the rotisserie chicken in a bowl
- Add all ingredients and mix until well combined
- Add a spoonful of the greek chicken salad to each washed and dried lettuce cup for a low carb, low fat lunch!
- Or spoon a dollop of this salad mixture into an endive cup for a perfect little app at your next get together!
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.