Ok, Chew Gooey Chocolate Pudding Cookies are not gluten free, paleo friendly, sugar free or low carb. They are just good. Life is too short to be good all the time!
I am not one to shy away from chocolate. The more the merrier is the rule I stand by when it comes to chocolate. That is why these Chewy Gooey Chocolate Pudding Cookies are perfection in my book. They are rich, bold, decadent and will satiate your chocolate craving with just one bite. Oh, and every bite has a chunk of chocolate. That is another rule of mine. Make each bite count!!
Chocolate Pudding Cookies are chalk full of dark chocolate chunks, unsweetened cocoa powder, white chocolate chips and chocolate pudding. The pudding adds a different texture, more cake like. They are full of chocolate and are not at all dense, but are also not light and airy. The pudding itself creates a more moist, chewy consistency, which is not always easy to get out here in Colorado where baking is difficult because of the altitude. I have had to test baking recipes over and over again to get them just right, and this one is a HUGE winner.
I like to use a combo of dark and white chocolate for these. The dark adds a richness and depth to each cookie while the sweet white chocolate adds…well….sweetness, duh.
This is how I justify it. Chocolate is from cocoa, cocoa is a plant, these cookies are practically the same as a salad. You’re welcome.
Ok….I have many cookie recipes you need to try out:
That should keep you busy for a while.
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 packet instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/4 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside
- Add softened butter and brown sugar to mixing bowl and beat until creamy
- Add white sugar, eggs, and vanilla, beat until creamy
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, pudding mix, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt and combine
- Pour 1/3 of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix with electric mixer. Repeat until all dry ingredients are fully incorporated
- Add chocolate chunks and white chocolate chips and combine in the dough
- Using a spoon or scoop, roll out 2 inch balls of dough and place on parchment lined baking sheet
- These don't spread out too much so you can get 3 dough balls across depending on baking sheet size. I was able to do 3 across and 4 down
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Cool on baking rack
- Eat the ugliest one to make sure it tastes amazing
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.