A quick and easy breakfast the whole family will love!
Being 7 months pregnant, I am a big cereal fan for breakfast, but I know it is not always good for me and doesn’t keep me full for very long. These blueberry overnight oats help curb my morning grain craving and gets me started on the right foot! I love these overnight oats because they are so simple to assemble and they are the perfect portion. It takes 3 minutes to make and couldn’t be easier. Portion control for this is easy if you have small mason jars. I do 1/2 cup of oats and it fits perfectly in the jars. My husband has to use a size bigger because he eats more than I do. (normally I can eat a lot but there is a baby taking up some space!)
Overnight oats are seriously just so cute…
Overnight Oats are perfect to make for the family because of the portioned out jars. Plus you can add any kind of fruit your little heart desires? Little Becky likes strawberries and Timmy likes blackberries? They each get their own special jar. (Becky and Timmy, what?)
What flavors will you combine?
I make mine with coconut milk, chia seeds, rolled oats, blueberries, almond slivers, cinnamon and honey. It isn’t too sweet and keeps me full though my busy mornings!
*You may use any milk, fruit or sweetener of your choice
*Portioning these blueberry overnight oats into mason jars for the perfect meal prep for breakfast! If you have picky eaters, design each one custom and label with their name. Or even better, make it a family event and each person can make their own! These will keep in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 5 days.
*To warm the oats, simply microwave for 30-45 seconds. ENJOY!
Other quick breakfast ideas from AWLO:
My favorite little 8 oz mason jars are found here
- *This recipe is for 1, 1/2 pint mason jar (individual portions. Double the recipe if making in pint sized mason jars)
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut or almond milk
- pinch of almond slivers
- honey for drizzling on top
- Please half of the blueberries on the bottom of the mason jar
- Add half of the rolled oats
- Add half of the chia seeds
- Add half of the cinnamon
- Repeat with the other half
- Pour the milk of choice on top and seal the jar
- Let sit in the fridge overnight
- In the morning, drizzle some honey on top and stir the soaked oat mixture together
- You can either eat it cold and out of the jar, or poor into a bowl and heat it up!
- I also sprinkle on slivered almonds for added crunch and protein
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.