I love, love, love to make my own taco seasoning. It is so easy and just tastes better to me! Maybe because I made it, and I love me. What I enjoy most about making your own taco seasoning, is you can control the sodium level. Many of the packaged taco seasonings or simmers have a ton of salt, this is no bueno. Like sugar, salt is hidden everywhere. Do yourself a favor and avoid the face bloat the next morning. Make your own seasoning and control salt and spice levels!
Try this seasoning with my Game-Day Mini Tacos with Slow Cooker Shredded Beef!
This taco seasoning is seriously so easy and perfect. I make batches of this and use old spice jars and fill them up. We make tacos and enchiladas quite often, this comes in super handy. The best part is that YOU control the salt content and ingredients! Nothing you can't pronounce in this mix!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (you can use plain paprika here if you have it. I just like a hint of smokey flavor)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt (gauge how much salt you want at the end, give the mix a taste, you can always add more salt)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all spices in a small bowl
- Add to whatever you want- shredded chicken, pulled beef, ground turkey, ANYTHING!
- Store in airtight container for up to 6 months (save those old spice jars and use that, make sure to label it "the best taco seasoning on the planet". If too long, "taco seasoning" will do.
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.