Anyway, cut as thin as you can get it, just don’t cut your fingers please, I will feel really bad.
For this I used 1 1/2 long English cucumbers. I like English cucumbers because not only do they have the best accents, they have less seeds than regular cucs. Plus for this salad you get more bang for your buck because they are so long.
Thinly slice about 1/4 of a red onion and set aside. Wear ski goggles while cutting onions like I do to prevent tears.I am totally not even joking.
Now, for the sauce….
It is a pool of olive oil, rice wine vinegar, garlic, salt, and parsley…that’s it! It is a super simple and refreshing salad. Perfect accompaniment any dish!
This is an insanely quick and delicious salad to make. It is crunchy, cool, refreshing and full of fare. The vinegar and spices work so well together and the longer you let it chill in the fridge the better!
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut cucumber into super thin slices by hand or using a mandolin
- Cut red onion into super thin slices as well, place together in a bowl and set aside
- In a separate smaller bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and dried parsley
- Add it to the cucumbers and red onions and toss
- Chill in fridge for about 10 minutes before serving or for up to 3 days
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.