Omg you guys…I need you to stop, take a moment, and really soak in what I am about to tell you. This vegetarian frittata is a MUST for your weekend mornings. Or, your weekday mornings if you prep the night before….which you CAN! It is perfect to feed a fam of 6 (or if you need more, just double the dosage) no one will dispute it. Artichoke hearts, spinach, eggs, mushrooms, yes there is some cheese but you can cut back the quantity! It is a healthy breakfast filled with protein & veggies, not to mention full of vitamins and minerals. This healthy, vegetarian dish will keep you and your loved ones going for hours. Which I know we all need. No crash n’ burn at 10 am here. You will be ready to rock until lunch!
This frittata keeps well in the fridge for a few days too. I cut the remainder up into squares to bring as a protein-packed snack for later!
Try this number out at your next brunch. It is so easy to plan and make this meal the night before so when you are brunching and mimosa-ing with your besties, all you gotta do is pop it in the oven. It takes 45 minutes to bake so don’t have too many mimosas and pop it in too late! Good things come to those who wait. Hey I just busted a rhyme. Yessss.
A healthy, protein-packed, veggie-full breakfast the whole fam jam will enjoy!
10 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 1/2 lb sliced mushrooms (I used baby bellas in mine)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil (or whatever you have on hand)
- 1, 10 ounce bag of frozen spinach
- 6 large eggs
- 2, 6 ounce jars marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 1/2 cups sharp grated cheddar or parmesan (I did 1 cup cheddar, half cup parmesan) feel free to use less cheese!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Sauce mushrooms, onions and thyme in oil
- Line a bowl with paper towels and nuke the spinach in the microwave for about 3 minutes if frozen
- (the paper towels will help absorb the water from the spinach)
- Squeeze spinach in paper towels until you get most of the liquid out
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs lightly and pour in mushrooms, onions, thyme, spinach, artichoke hearts, cheese and combine
- Bake uncovered in a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish for 45 minutes
- Once it is done, let it sit for a minute or 2 before serving, it is HOT!
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.