Every 4th of July I make these adult Cherry Bombs to bring to my brothers house and every year they are devoured instantly! The maraschino cherry soaked in Vanilla Bean Vodka compliment each other so well. Dip it in white chocolate and add some festive sprinkles and you have yourself an delicious dessert shot, my friends.
They take no time to make and are ridiculously easy to make. Just prepare them ahead by soaking the cherries in the vodka for a few hours to overnight. After that they take 10 minutes to assemble! Just melt the white chocolates according to the package, drain cherries and gently pat dry, dip each cherry in chocolate (only dip about halfway so you can still see red), sprinkle with blue sprinkles! Easy peasy and super crowd pleasey!
- 2-3 jars of Maraschino Cherries (remember that not all of the cherries in the jar have stems attached so best to get extra!)
- 1-2 cups of vanilla bean vodka
- 1 package of Ghiradelli White Chocolate Candy Melts
- Festive sprinkles!
- Drain and rinse cherries
- Using a small bowl, add vanilla bean vodka until all cherries are just covered. Cover and place in fridge for 3 hours to overnight
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper
- Melt white chocolate candies according to package
- Drain cherries (no need to rinse) and let them dry on a paper towel. I air dry for a bit because maraschino cherries are fragile to touch, but if you are in a hurry, gently pat dry
- Dip each cherry in melted white chocolate and set on the parchment paper at an angle (the angle helps it display better and gives it a flat surface when dried)
- Let the chocolate cool slightly before adding sprinkles or sprinkles will run right off. I usually dip about 5 cherries then start adding sprinkles.
- Once all the sprinkles are added to your cherry bombs, pop tray in fridge for about 10-15 minutes to help them set.
- Bring to your 4th of July party and watch them all disappear!
More 4th of July faves…
Yes! Sign me up!
Subscribe to get our latest and greatest by email.